Beast Year for Robin Lost among the Stars after Claude Roy Bestiaire du Rouge Gorge
Between two stars pert robin found
far had it flown, yet no surprise
it felt to be so outward bound
miles high, where smile defied the skies.
Redbreast soft sings, one is enough
to stem disaster all around,
ten trillion stars this ball of fluff
saw millions more cheep’s cheek astound.
Earth thereto lends an ear, at ease
its warmth wells from each leafy mound,
an echo riding on the breeze
told kitten’s sneeze, bees gold abound.
Eternal silence sleep prevents,
how is the weaver by waft wound?
Where bell tolled echo reinvents
what sense retained by spiral sound?
What feels the hound for harried hare,
and what the hunter for the hound?
What feels the roundabout and where
should interest g[r]o[we] when it's compound?
What feels the clearing for deer’s [t]race?
How feels the blood for heart’s thud pound?
Star spars with insight and bad grace
when noisy strangers float around.
Star seeks LOVE’s meaning, ever bold,
what COLD means, how old men expound
on ALWAYS when within Death’s fold
all souls are soon called underground.
Bird song still seeks sure Way to wave
cross star-crossed dream, by sadness bound:
Star ponders Mankind’s endless crave,
which only by the grave is crowned.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Beast Year for Robin Lost among the Stars after Claude Roy Bestiaire du Rouge Gorge by Jonathan ROBIN )
- You, Yohan Confectioner
- this happiness, noel maddock
- Loves Philosophy, Yohan Confectioner
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)