Behold Of The Splendid Ev'nin'
Behold of the splendid ev’nin’
At the closin’ of the day;
The sun is a-slowly leavin’
And a-fadin’ soft away.
The mell’wing night is a-fallin’
So deep on the sleepy throng;
The birds are a-gently callin’ -
A-singin’ their sweet, sweet song.
All heads now are fast asleepin’
The land of dreams to abide;
All of their secrets a-keepin’
As within their beds they hide.
So until the bright new mornin’
In slumber all shall repose;
While awaitin’ for the dawnin’
When the daylight softly glows.
With all of the sunbeams dancin’
A-castin’ upon the trees;
And all of the birds a-prancin’
High a-flyin’ in the breeze.
So everyone then awake’nin’
Set to greet the comin’ day;
Of their secrets still a-keepin’
And a-hidin’ come what may.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behold Of The Splendid Ev'nin' by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hermit, Neela Nath
- Drink Me In, Susan Lacovara
- Rainbowing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To stop myself from; running to you, Mark Heathcote
- Legitimate Company Goes Boom Bust Dust, Terence G. Craddock
- With least humanity, hasmukh amathalal
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio