Behold Of The Splendid Ev'nin'
Behold of the splendid ev’nin’
At the closin’ of the day;
The sun is a-slowly leavin’
And a-fadin’ soft away.
The mell’wing night is a-fallin’
So deep on the sleepy throng;
The birds are a-gently callin’ -
A-singin’ their sweet, sweet song.
All heads now are fast asleepin’
The land of dreams to abide;
All of their secrets a-keepin’
As within their beds they hide.
So until the bright new mornin’
In slumber all shall repose;
While awaitin’ for the dawnin’
When the daylight softly glows.
With all of the sunbeams dancin’
A-castin’ upon the trees;
And all of the birds a-prancin’
High a-flyin’ in the breeze.
So everyone then awake’nin’
Set to greet the comin’ day;
Of their secrets still a-keepin’
And a-hidin’ come what may.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behold Of The Splendid Ev'nin' by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Road, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Love is really bliss, gajanan mishra
- Winter Song, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Words, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A Song Of Earth, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A COMPARISON BETWEEN BAD PEOPLE AND GOOD.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Henry eighth, lee fones
- Out of Jouissance II, Ali Ashjaee
- Out of Jouissance I, Ali Ashjaee
- An Ode to Madness, Ali Ashjaee