You held me in your arms when I was upset.
You soothed me when I was angered.
You embraced me when we came in contact.
What more can I ask?
You vowed to stay besides me, to caress me, to protect me.
In your arms that day, I felt safe, and sound.
The next day,
I saw my best friend in your arms.
The way you held her, so full of lust, adoration, and love.
Flashbacks of your promises, our promises, played through my head.
Your promises, your vows, meant nothing to me now.
The way you held her, your voice when you spoke to her,
Was like honey, flowing down a river.
All I could do,
Was hang my head in shame.
I was ashamed to have trusted you, the way I lavished my attention upon you, the time, the effort, and my feelings.
You gave not one thought.
I trusted you. I loved you.
But you, with your flitting attention,
Threw my love down the drain.
I will forever have a space for you in my heart,
But I will leave you, as you me.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betrayal by Cassandra Jasmine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Mermaid Predictions, The Future Of S.., mary douglas
- Call the coastguard there's a galley sla.., Mark Heathcote
- My English Sucks ….. [ENGLISH ('poo.., Bri Edwards
- The Fairytale Stories Will Emerge, mary douglas
- Someday On The Page Where The Monsters A.., mary douglas
- My True Friends And Readers, Lilly Emery
- Two Hearts As One, Noah Body
- The Dolls Have Preceded Us All, mary douglas
- Awaken Sleepy One, Shanika marini Paul
- It Broke My Heart To Leave You, Elia Michael