Between Life's Smiles
Between life's [s]miles what truth is found
Exists both in and out of time,
The current flows, taps underground
Wells which fountain through soul's rhyme.
Empathy acts as enzyme
Enchanting: nor fixed object bound,
Nor line immutable, nor crime.
True pulses sometimes may astound,
Harmoniously tuned around
Eternal sustenance sublime.
Music keyed to silent sound:
Is free from crass judgemental grime,
Links two as metamorphosis
Establishes shared oasis.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Between Life's Smiles by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- Trap Jaw Ant, Ima Ryma
- We Are Worryors, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Sonnet.2. A Prisoner's Reverie, Valsa George
- Take Away My Shoes, Tiffany Alexis
- आंबो अजा, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Voice of Struggle, Thomas Lions
- school, Parth17 Bhatia
- I don't deserve, Priscilla Rose