Between The Lines
so this is where we are,
where we will always be.
stuck between our words
but here our thoughts are deeper,
our eyes open wider.
we see that we are different
we must face the consequence.
the loneliness crashes upon us
from a sea of sadness
made from the salty tears
of our weeping guardian angels.
we see that we are special
yet we are never truly sure
if we deserve the recognition
or praise we seek out
and long for.
so this is who we are,
who we will always be.
in the shadows of a trained society.
so this is what we've chosen,
where we know we must stay.
between the hearts.
between the minds.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between The Lines by Jonny Brackney )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 19, 1942)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Deflowered Idea..., Luana Del Lobo
- Do You Love Me?, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jo Tum Aa Jaate Ek Bar, Mahadevi Varma
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae.., Chenou Liu