He's always in front
Of me on his bicycle in traffic.
When we're bumper to bicycle wheel
I get a really good look at his back.
He pulls his wool cap
Down over his thick, long dreadlocks.
He looks like a man with an octopus
On his shoulders trying to swallow his
Head. Tentacles flying
Around, groping for more of his body to grab,
Bulbous head bouncing.
He always turns
A corner before I can get a good look
At his face. I need to see the face
Of a man who wears his hair like that.
I need to see where he works and
What he does, where he lives, who
He loves and who loves him.
Francis Santaquilani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bicycle Man by Francis Santaquilani )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri