A world so cold.
A world so black.
A world full of darknes.
I am falling through the dark sky
of a black world.
I have no sight
It's all frieght.
Scared and worried.
Blinded by the sun.
Always on the run.
In a black world, I fall to the ground.
In a black world, I crawl on the ground.
I try to find light but it's not in sight.
Oh how I wish I wasn't in this black world.
Black world with no stars, no sun.
Black world oh so fun.
Running through a black world.
I am lost, I can't be found.
Silent oh silent in this black world.
Lifted off the black grounds
without a sound.
Oh how I feel the hands of a woman.
Hands of a woman lifting me up.
Hands of a woman taking me out.
Out of this black world, out of this
She shines a light in my face.
I close my eyes, then open them.
She dims the light, I can see her so much better.
I ask for her name but she says nothing.
Reaching her hand out to me, she tells me to
take this letter.
I grab it from her and I start to read it.
The letter is from my girl, she said she
I folded the letter and I put it in my pocket......
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black World by Timmy Doyle )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong
- For they were lovers each-other, Pijush Biswas
- Textology - 2. Exclamations, Joseph Archer
- Si boru puas si boru Bakkara, molu dung .., Mapung Madura
- I Wore The Fox, Naveed Akram