I once heard a blue bird
it took me miles and miles past the city limits
to where the monks line up
and dexter lays it down.
wheres the big beat?
co-Mingus the blues
the burn those red houses?
What ever happened to the cats?
the nature of the chase
and the cool cool beat
under nocturnal haze
free form jerky electric soul.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bop by jerome moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- what is left, Mandolyn ...
- Watching Ideas Pop, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Some Men's Deaths, Randy McClave
- Moments Don't Exist, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She looks nice, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Frozen Breeze!, rajendran muthiah
- ZZ Your Wish Is Granted, Saiom Shriver
- There Is No Good In Goodbye, Casarah Nance
- the old tatered guilt, Clara Keiper
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak