Buddha Born, Buddha Dying!
the buddha in me
looks like the buddha in you,
smells like, tastes like,
feels like, talks like....
i feel your need,
for you are part of mine.
you taught me about love,
when you were hurting.
the buddha in me,
reaches out to the buddha in you.
we inhale and exhale,
and night becomes day.
the buddha in you,
the question and the answer.
each a part of the other,
one must be for both to be.
the buddha in me, the buddha in you...
light born of darkness,
darkness comforts light.
the buddha born, the buddha dying,
no difference, no loss,
the journey goes on.
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Buddha Born, Buddha Dying! by Eric Cockrell )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 March 1922 - 21 October 1969)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 February 1900 – 11 April 1977)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal