9/11, And The Days After
how many died that day
at the World Trade Center?
how many died
in the field?
and how many have died...
how many young boys
sent off to war?
how many citizens of Iraq?
how many women and children?
how many deaths
does it take for
us to finally understand?
killing is wrong!
one death does not
murder does not
or bring back
one decade later....
and we still dont understand
the value of life...
and therein lies
the cause for mourning,
and the sadness!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (9/11, And The Days After by Eric Cockrell )
- In the memory of Faez, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)