Bury Me Today
Death eludes us deep within,
An aching pain, beneath my skin,
My breathing slowly starts to stop.
Bury me where I shall rot.
Underneath the world of grey,
Is where I hope my body lay.
I cannot take another day,
And nothing more, shall I say.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bury Me Today by Sierra Staten )
- ! Struck by the Oner, Alice Vedral Rivera
- Haiku 12, Suresh Dogra
- A Shoulder To Cry On, Joe Rosochacki
- The moment you, gajanan mishra
- Qoute # 6, Is It Poetry
- Animal Factory, Dasia Deas
- I am happy, hasmukh amathalal
- A curse and legend story., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Sympathie Par Paul Laurence Dunbar, Hebert Logerie
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)