By My Side
Soft, billowing, towering over head,
Amongst the leaves, god, or goddess lead,
And as stars, know not the beauty of their might,
I know not how to ask you by my side.
Rivers like oceans, waves return,
My love, my being, for your acceptance I yearn,
The earth knows to part for the waters rite,
I know I wish you to be by my side.
Leaves fall from trees turning gray,
Blowing and falling like memory's yesterday,
And as time blows and takes flight,
I wish I pray you to be by my side.
The sun, blankets the moon in light,
Falling and shining, stars in the night,
And as you look and turn to me,
I ask, I pray for us to be.
Words like letters fall from a page,
Actors like angels set on a stage,
And words come to me that seem so right,
I wish, I want, you by my side.
Matthew Moser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (By My Side by Matthew Moser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WITHIN MY HEART, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Secret Of The Angels, David Harris
- Differences of Opinion, Sandra Feldman
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 24, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Dutch Trowel, Richard Thripp
- Mind..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL