Can You Feel For Me?
Can you feel for me? It was my daughter and her child
Torn away from my heart by some man whose passions went wild.
Does he care that I'll never see them anymore?
He just ignored their cries when they hit the floor.
You can't imagine the painful thoughts that leaped through my mind
When I realized that bloodstained kin was all I would find.
How could someone so very unstable
Have once been a soul seated at G-d's table?
G-d one thing I must ask:
Please punish the evildoer and take him to task..
G-d give me strength so I'll quit looking for the reason
That my Mary and my Troy are not alive to see another season.
Jeff Fleischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can You Feel For Me? by Jeff Fleischer )
- Once summer comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till You Come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah