Can You Feel For Me?
Can you feel for me? It was my daughter and her child
Torn away from my heart by some man whose passions went wild.
Does he care that I'll never see them anymore?
He just ignored their cries when they hit the floor.
You can't imagine the painful thoughts that leaped through my mind
When I realized that bloodstained kin was all I would find.
How could someone so very unstable
Have once been a soul seated at G-d's table?
G-d one thing I must ask:
Please punish the evildoer and take him to task..
G-d give me strength so I'll quit looking for the reason
That my Mary and my Troy are not alive to see another season.
Jeff Fleischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can You Feel For Me? by Jeff Fleischer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- NotVery PC, Phil Soar
- Disguise, Aparna Chatterjee
- WHITE: The colour of pride, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche