Can You Hear Me? When I Cry
Can you hear me?
when i cry
'why why why? '
do you hear my moans?
my grunts of pain?
oh the pain
like a knife, tis a pain of the sure and the absolute.
i fear it is the last thing i have to hold to.
i let the darkness swaddle me
please my dear darkness
wrap me in your misery
cold as it is
it warms me
like death it assures me
that i will not be bound to my pain
at least not forever
kitty smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Can You Hear Me? When I Cry by kitty smith )
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
- My words, hasmukh amathalal
- Nice ending, hasmukh amathalal
- Found in, hasmukh amathalal
- Invention of The Store, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)