Can You Hear Me? When I Cry
Can you hear me?
when i cry
'why why why? '
do you hear my moans?
my grunts of pain?
oh the pain
like a knife, tis a pain of the sure and the absolute.
i fear it is the last thing i have to hold to.
i let the darkness swaddle me
please my dear darkness
wrap me in your misery
cold as it is
it warms me
like death it assures me
that i will not be bound to my pain
at least not forever
kitty smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Can You Hear Me? When I Cry by kitty smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Birthday poem, Philo Yan
- Two Young Scamps, Jeff Gangwer
- Why and how loves occur?, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Freedom, Joy, and Ice Cream, Jeff Gangwer
- "The goddamn language barrier...&qu.., Jeff Gangwer
- The Wedding in San José, Jeff Gangwer
- The Rain in Guacimo, Jeff Gangwer
- Another Home, Jeff Gangwer
- I Love You—, Jeff Gangwer
- The Coulrophobiac, Awsaaf Ali