Can You Hear Me? When I Cry
Can you hear me?
when i cry
'why why why? '
do you hear my moans?
my grunts of pain?
oh the pain
like a knife, tis a pain of the sure and the absolute.
i fear it is the last thing i have to hold to.
i let the darkness swaddle me
please my dear darkness
wrap me in your misery
cold as it is
it warms me
like death it assures me
that i will not be bound to my pain
at least not forever
kitty smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Can You Hear Me? When I Cry by kitty smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eternity Calls..., John Ugolo Umah
- To live is to, gajanan mishra
- When love fades and tolerance takes over., Lehlogonolo Phora
- In The Arms Of!, John Ugolo Umah
- A Senior Citizen, Pius Didier
- Beclouded, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Why I am taken as toy, noctiluca scintillans
- Let's smile, Nassy Fesharaki
- When I Die A Teacher, Pius Didier
- Family, Kolade Seun