Captain Pith, Pirate Adventures (5)
Ravishing veils cover thick morning fog,
Pith's lumbering overpriced sleeping log,
boastful English sailors in starched white dress
lollygagging cherish their morning mess.
Malevolent breaks speed and remounts the waves,
bay beast howling as my clear madness raves
ten bronze canons trained on her massive breast
in succession each fires then smoking rests.
I turn starboard toward treacherous shores
two hit mark disrupt Mandrake's mundane chores,
formally introduced by steel and shot
as I outrun her by a swift two knots.
First Mate Pompeii unnerved by my insane act;
'We lain in shadows, why did we attack? '
I lift my black patch and with accursed eye
expose molten demons who glare inside.
Pith assesses damage and his sly foe,
I revel in my astounding first blow,
overeducated, pompous, perfumed jewel,
reckless, lawless, brazen pirate fool.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Captain Pith, Pirate Adventures (5) by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)