Captain Pith, Pirate Adventures (5)
Ravishing veils cover thick morning fog,
Pith's lumbering overpriced sleeping log,
boastful English sailors in starched white dress
lollygagging cherish their morning mess.
Malevolent breaks speed and remounts the waves,
bay beast howling as my clear madness raves
ten bronze canons trained on her massive breast
in succession each fires then smoking rests.
I turn starboard toward treacherous shores
two hit mark disrupt Mandrake's mundane chores,
formally introduced by steel and shot
as I outrun her by a swift two knots.
First Mate Pompeii unnerved by my insane act;
'We lain in shadows, why did we attack? '
I lift my black patch and with accursed eye
expose molten demons who glare inside.
Pith assesses damage and his sly foe,
I revel in my astounding first blow,
overeducated, pompous, perfumed jewel,
reckless, lawless, brazen pirate fool.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Captain Pith, Pirate Adventures (5) by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez