He stood all of 5 feet 5 inches,
A legend in his own underpants
Vainly displaying his credentials
Of a rolling pin and soup spoon.
He was a television phenomenon
A big TV star, a celebrity chef.
The world was at his size 8 feet:
A chef’s hat hid his partially bald head.
He was a name on a thousand households
Lips. His cupcakes a true legend:
He was a boon to all marketers
And starred in many TV commercials.
Heads would turn in the street when
He walked past and people wanted
His autograph, he always carried a pen.
He was so proud of himself.
But what did he do for society?
What did he do for the world’s poor?
Did he ever win a Nobel Prize for medicine?
No, just another of life’s parasites.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Celebrity by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah