When I walk past the memory lane
I recollect all the little happiness that we did gain,
Today everything looks so changed and new
I wonder how fast the time flew!
Yes, the childhood memories
Keep crossing my mind,
I wonder if those worry free and stress free days
This lifetime will I ever find?
Days when we played together
And every silly joke brought laughter,
When we used to fight n complain
But still unite for a profitable bargain.
Your caring nature for your younger sis
Always came to me as a bliss,
I remember your new bicycle which was our dad's gift
I was the first lady of your life to whom you gave a lift: -)
How we used to stealthily do pranks
And favour each other without a thanks,
Supporting each other in times of trouble
Celebrating every victory with a cuddle.
Yes, this poem is dedicated to you, my brother,
For a reason
For the best days we spent together
Irrespective of any season.
Today we are grown ups v can say
With no time left for play,
Though those carefree days are gone
We still have with us cherished memories that last for long!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cherished Memories by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The bridle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- There Are Those, Lyn Paul
- Sympathy, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Wow, Electric Lady
- Ghazal 2, Yasmeen Khan
- Friends No More, Kelly Shanks
- Shine goes, hasmukh amathalal
- Is the lady a tramp?, Israh Sadan
- Late night, Leong Ming Loong
- If Minds Were As Brooks, Richard Blay