Is what always echo in my ears,
Do no think otherwise
This will wipe away your fears.
The moment anything negative
Comes to your mind,
Immediately strike it out
By thinking about something positive.
While praying do not bring
Any negative words in your mind,
Keep chanting only positive
Peace and solace then you will find.
Say, we are stuck in the midst of a bad traffic,
We pray, 'Oh God! I should not get late! '
See a negativity running in our mind
And by God, we are really late!
Our whole day goes bad
We keep blaming the fate like mad,
Instead, a positive prayer, Oh God, May I reach early
Might have worked out fairly!
As one says, its always easier said than done!
As its not really easy to eliminate negative thoughts from our mind,
But surely its possible to strike out the negative,
And thereby make our disturbing thoughts unwind.
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Think Positive by Kavya ... )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1679 - 1718)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)