God created us in His image!
An image that is a true reflection of His self!
He also loved us that He gave His only begotten Son!
He also created everything else in the world!
God's love is unconditional!
Life has controls and limits!
Life has expectations and accomplishments!
Life also has hidden 'things'
Within us is God given life!
Life that needs love and connecting!
Love to fulfil our personal oneness
Love that can end life!
For love can unknowingly end life
Intentional or not!
Love does hurt where there should only be love!
Like the little worms that burrow from within!
For you see a tree trunk strong and healthy!
The tree blooming and attracting all creatures great and small!
The tree strong and firm!
Then one day the tree just topples over!
The worm has been at work from within!
No signs of it's work on the outside!
Boring and feeding on the dust within!
Gaining strength and boring bigger holes!
The leaves start showing signs
They no longer stay healthy green!
They now turn yellowish brown and it flowers no more!
When flowers fail to bloom, the bees stop coming!
The birds stop nesting in it too!
The animals do not come to rest there too!
The worm still boring bigger holes to accommodate it's body!
The roots fail to draw water to feed it!
The leaves are no longer able to transform oxygen!
The life of the tree is supped from within by a parasite that fed on it!
A parasite that entered without announcing!
Would the tree have welcomed it?
Would the tree welcome a destroyer?
Is it a choice to welcome one or the parasite just finds a way in!
Crushed and hallowed from within! Life sustaining till the end!
The end of a falling tree!
An end to a life that gave life!
Written in memory and respect of all infected persons!
'Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow- Young or Old'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Chifuse' by Flencirose Basera )
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)