Some pray in their own fashion,
Even as others declare their freedom.
Choices made but all seek peace,
All need to develop unbiased instincts.
To carve the way through the labyrinths,
Caves of the mind that we navigate.
Walls laden with nuggets of selfishness,
Floors tiled with wanton indifference.
So many to live and share this earth,
So many tags of racial profiles,
Abundance of various cultures.
What then? Why the biases unchecked?
Why are so many tagged as Alien?
Why is there a caste system in play?
What of equal rights for all humans?
Irrespective of region or ethnicity,
We need to provide for all who are needy,
All to embrace the responsiblity of co-existence!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choices by Perveiz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz