A time of love and laughter
For every girl and boy.
Of giving unconditionally,
With warmth, and too, with joy.
What we must needs remember,
In the midst of all the fun,
Is all the people everywhere.
Some people they have no one,
To share the tears and joy,
Of giving and receiving,
Be it laughter, love, or toy.
Remember through the pleasure,
Of presents, food and wine,
The greatest gift to give to all,
Is your company and time.
So know the Christmas spirit
Is love and peace to all.
Not just crackers, Christmas tree
And trimmings in the hall.
Whatever our awareness,
We must not move away,
From unconditional giving,
Not just on Christmas day.
Rosi Caswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Christmas Time by Rosi Caswell )
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)