A time of love and laughter
For every girl and boy.
Of giving unconditionally,
With warmth, and too, with joy.
What we must needs remember,
In the midst of all the fun,
Is all the people everywhere.
Some people they have no one,
To share the tears and joy,
Of giving and receiving,
Be it laughter, love, or toy.
Remember through the pleasure,
Of presents, food and wine,
The greatest gift to give to all,
Is your company and time.
So know the Christmas spirit
Is love and peace to all.
Not just crackers, Christmas tree
And trimmings in the hall.
Whatever our awareness,
We must not move away,
From unconditional giving,
Not just on Christmas day.
Rosi Caswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Christmas Time by Rosi Caswell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On a condition..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Milk, Nassy Fesharaki
- Falling Fowards, Metaphorically Speaking
- Distance and time, Tom Squires
- Red-mouthed Small Monkeys, Indian Monkeys, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Do I Write? How Do I Feel I, Think I?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing (Arabic & Conservative), Bijay Kant Dubey
- There's Been a Horror in the Opposite Ho.., Ismim Putera
- TWO KINDS OF WOMEN, Philo Yan
- The House in the Coconut Farm, Ismim Putera