Lawrence S. Pertillar
Closer To Reality Than The Others
Jumping onto a fast moving bandwagon,
With beliefs the doing of it...
Increases one's prestige as deceits are fed.
Only exposes those who ride as incapable,
Of knowing the difference between...
Creating their own melodies and stealing from others.
As thieves gather together to pleasure their denials.
And perceiving those they have offended are left behind,
To grieve they have not been picked to sit...
Amongst those delusioned,
Not recommended to keep in self serving minds.
'Why are you here staring at me? '
~A wheel fell off of the bandwagon.~
~And they are seeking someone,
Who is not pretentious to come and fix it.~
'What about those who jumped onto the wagon? '
~They argue as to who is better qualified.
And I know you have the ability to get the job done.~
'I am flattered by your confession.
But I do remember you being among the first,
To criticize my abilities as being useless.
Or was the word 'worthless'? '
But that was a long time ago.
Anybody else would have forgotten.
What difference does it make? ~
'I am so glad you said that.
Because I'm not like anybody else.
If I was...
I'd be looking for help trying to fix a bandwagon,
That others who are on it argue among themselves...
As to who is better qualified pretending to be,
Whatever it is they want someone else to believe.'
Is that a no? ~
'I would say...
You are closer to reality than the others.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Closer To Reality Than The Others by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)