John Carter Brown
Green is the carpet that covers the hill
White is the sheep who is eating his fill,
Blue is the curtain that hangs overhead
Black is the darkness that's better not said.
Purple is kingly and rightly should be
Brown is the earth as it holds you and me,
Yellow is summer and warm like the sun
Red at the end of the day when it's done.
Grey is a bleak day and filled with the rain
Always uncertain and so to remain,
Silver is quickly, and costly is gold,
But lovely are poems
When once they are told.
Written Feb 1994
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Colours by John Carter Brown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- tics, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Throwback Stances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elephant - best creature, gajanan mishra
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam