Jo Marie Takes the Knife
Why is it that your words affect me so?
With everything that happened why can't I let go?
I try to be a strong person and keep my head held high
I never had a problem saying goodbye
So why do I continue to let you in?
The words, your words they used to be meaningless then
So what has changed?
Is it because of your threats, could I truly care?
But when I needed you, you was never there
So after all these years I thought I was immune
And no longer would I let your words consume
Me I worked hard to get where I am
But I'm curious as to why I keep letting you in.
You've cause me pain before
But this time you caused me enough pain to crush me to the floor.
And it wasn't pain it was anguish
For you made my little brother vanish
Some even you may not understand the tie we share
Because no matter how old he gets I'll always be there
And you knew this
But you told me I was a bad influence
How could that be
for whenever he cries, he cries for me
So why would you take him away
and still want to hurt me to this day?
Jo Marie Takes the Knife's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Confusion? by Jo Marie Takes the Knife )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah