Jo Marie Takes the Knife
I always seem to come in second place.
When will it be my turn to shine?
When can I make your eyes light up?
Should I set a date?
Why can I not make you proud?
And make your heart flutter with my accomplishments.
Why aren't your joyous screams loud?
When I try to take the lead.
I know of my failures and tried to make them right.
I tried to do well and make something of myself.
But somehow your joy is somewhere else.
I've tried to make you proud
and give you something to brag about.
However I always seem to fall short.
I cant reach or stand on the pedestal that you've set for me.
No matter how hard I try.
I know I disappoint you.
If only you knew what I could do.
Just give me a chance to prove myself.
Let me show you what Im capable of.
Give me a chance to right my failures and thus earn your love. Please mom give me this chance to come in first.
This time around
Jo Marie Takes the Knife's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chance by Jo Marie Takes the Knife )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak