Jo Marie Takes the Knife
I always seem to come in second place.
When will it be my turn to shine?
When can I make your eyes light up?
Should I set a date?
Why can I not make you proud?
And make your heart flutter with my accomplishments.
Why aren't your joyous screams loud?
When I try to take the lead.
I know of my failures and tried to make them right.
I tried to do well and make something of myself.
But somehow your joy is somewhere else.
I've tried to make you proud
and give you something to brag about.
However I always seem to fall short.
I cant reach or stand on the pedestal that you've set for me.
No matter how hard I try.
I know I disappoint you.
If only you knew what I could do.
Just give me a chance to prove myself.
Let me show you what Im capable of.
Give me a chance to right my failures and thus earn your love. Please mom give me this chance to come in first.
This time around
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chance by Jo Marie Takes the Knife )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck
- EIDIA العيدية (MONEY GIVEN BY PARENTS TO.., MOHAMMAD SKATI