There was a light.
It was oh so bright.
But then it shattered into a tiny shard.
Why does it make me hurt so hard?
It confuses me.
Why can't my mind just let me be?
The fight becomes unmeaningful.
And it is no longer wonderful.
It’s very dark in the pit of my heart.
Like a very disturbing piece of art.
And the escape seems impossible.
Am I delusional?
From these drug filled miscreation’s.
It comes across as disturbing.
But it’s just me hurting.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confusion by Joseph Orton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Brook, Helen Hay Whitney
- Expectancy, Terrance Tracy
- deaith, Ewa Busayourmi
- Boy O' Dreams, Helen Hay Whitney
- Does the Pearl Know?, Helen Hay Whitney
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney
- The gift of sight, Laxman Rao
- For some time, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney