There was a light.
It was oh so bright.
But then it shattered into a tiny shard.
Why does it make me hurt so hard?
It confuses me.
Why can't my mind just let me be?
The fight becomes unmeaningful.
And it is no longer wonderful.
It’s very dark in the pit of my heart.
Like a very disturbing piece of art.
And the escape seems impossible.
Am I delusional?
From these drug filled miscreation’s.
It comes across as disturbing.
But it’s just me hurting.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confusion by Joseph Orton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Double Standards, Terry Dawson
- Goodbye, Rockford, Michael Shutt
- First Memory of Urinals, Roger A. Rose
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver