When It All Falls Apart
At the start it was all beauty to the eye.
I really thought that our love could never die.
But right at this point, I see nothing but the ashes.
Now the fire has died down, I knew you could no longer bat your eye lashes.
I will no longer fall down to your commands.
You can reach out all you want; I won’t reach out to your hands.
You tore the life right out of my soul.
All that I have left is this massive black hole.
But when you realize, I refuse to be your saviour.
Will you reflect, on your awful behaviour?
I think deep down you know.
The cracks in your mask are finally starting to show.
I believe that you won’t take a second glance.
From every heartbreak, you seem to enhance.
This is no longer funny, this is not a joke.
With every sharpened dagger, you seem to poke.
My chest is raw, and oh so tight.
All those kind words were lost, in an uproar of a fight.
I will now give up on everything I saw; did you know I once believed you were my cure?
Everything has changed, I know this for sure
The blooded tears, I can’t help but shed.
Already tell me that inside I am dead.
You can’t fix what you have done to my heart.
It’s much too late, it’s already fallen apart.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When It All Falls Apart by Joseph Orton )
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
- Last Act of Penance, Andy Caldwell
- Look At This City, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- (1) I Accept for Now, She Doesn't Love Me, Uriah Hamilton
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)