Once I fried a fish,
That was a tasty dish.
I tried my hand at meat,
It turned out a real treat.
I decided to be a cook,
And bought myself a book.
I mixed some ingredients for a cake,
Put it in the oven to bake.
It turned out really well,
I was under a magic spell.
I cooked some vegetables in a pot,
I served them piping hot.
My cooking was a great success
Alas my kitchen in a terrible mess.
Now my wife does the cooking,
Her meals are of the best.
She cooks with great zest.
The kitchen is again clean,
I feel somehow very mean.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cooking. by Bernard Shaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston
- Slow Song for Mark Rothko, John Taggart
- Refrains for Robert Quine, John Taggart
- Precious Lord, John Taggart
- Needs, Nalini Chaturvedi
- One(1) Classroom, herbert guitang
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Nasha pyaar ka, binod bastola