RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Listening to music of my heart beat in rhythm with my mind,
counting out notes of life before my life has ended.
Wondering at how this body ages a little bit each day,
leading from the very first cry of life to eventual death.
How is it that we continually age without always realizing
Are we but minute particles of matter in an infinite universe?
Lasting time is spaced just so, as I listen to the music of
my heart beat in rhythm with my soul.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Counting Notes by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)