What kind of power does the wind yield?
Where is the power source?
The wind can blow anything away!
It can make still waters move.
Perfect stillness, peaceful and quite!
Sat by the massive waters just gazing into nothingness!
When even the mind stops functioning.
It just absorbs the beautiful view!
Water so still it is like a shiny floor
As if you can walk over it
Then the hissing sound comes
Then everything moves in it's direction.
The power of the wind is so invisible!
Yet so powerful!
You only visualise the damage!
Destruction is all you see where ever it touches!
It is so powerful!
It forces everything into it's fold without fail!
Breaking anything that obstructs its way!
Until everything submits to it's will!
The wind can be calming.
With a cooling effect!
Yet at times it stings the eyes.
Blinds you to reason!
Blinded by the sheer force!
That you just let go
You submit and flow with the force!
Gentle, rough, cool and gushing
Flencirose Basera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crush by Flencirose Basera )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR