Cry for Culture.
Joseph was his name,
Jamaica is da place he was born,
In August a shock comes as me heard him gone,
Hill was then his fame the real flame,
The keeper of the gate of zion,
Healing through the messages all over the nation,
Hill Joseph, Joseph Hill,
Culture man with a skill,
Bush Doctor who gave no pill,
Hill the Wheel to my trail,
Joseph the wheel to the holy,
The wheel to my Will,
He came to the earth to teach,
He came with a book to preach,
He warns the poor and remind the rich.
Joseph was for real, humble man and not a snitch,
Oh Jah oh! Jah u've taken our switch,
the switch to bright,
the switch to all white.
I've search and seek but no other might,
I'll always remember you for the day and night.
I dreamt about you one night,
but it aint come that right,
The time you gone, the world was still in fight.
Fire arms and Bombs was used to destruct.
Oh! Joseph you was to wait a little bit.
Yutes dem ar sufferin'
In da street dea no love and unity.
Pressure for living and corruption calamity.
War and fite hatred between the East and West.
Religious men are for money makin'
Environment are dirty fi poor while dem in power enjoying da wheat.
Oh! HILL THE WHEEL TO MY WILL.
Abdallah Mpogole's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cry for Culture. by Abdallah Mpogole )
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)