Cry for Culture.
Joseph was his name,
Jamaica is da place he was born,
In August a shock comes as me heard him gone,
Hill was then his fame the real flame,
The keeper of the gate of zion,
Healing through the messages all over the nation,
Hill Joseph, Joseph Hill,
Culture man with a skill,
Bush Doctor who gave no pill,
Hill the Wheel to my trail,
Joseph the wheel to the holy,
The wheel to my Will,
He came to the earth to teach,
He came with a book to preach,
He warns the poor and remind the rich.
Joseph was for real, humble man and not a snitch,
Oh Jah oh! Jah u've taken our switch,
the switch to bright,
the switch to all white.
I've search and seek but no other might,
I'll always remember you for the day and night.
I dreamt about you one night,
but it aint come that right,
The time you gone, the world was still in fight.
Fire arms and Bombs was used to destruct.
Oh! Joseph you was to wait a little bit.
Yutes dem ar sufferin'
In da street dea no love and unity.
Pressure for living and corruption calamity.
War and fite hatred between the East and West.
Religious men are for money makin'
Environment are dirty fi poor while dem in power enjoying da wheat.
Oh! HILL THE WHEEL TO MY WILL.
Abdallah Mpogole's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cry for Culture. by Abdallah Mpogole )
- How the Masters Roll~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns