Cutting Away At My Heart
This is your way of dealing with the world.
This is your way of getting heard.
This is your way of finding relief from emotional pain.
This is your way of stopping yourself from going insane.
But what you don’t get is that you’re not alone,
But what you don’t get is that you make others atone.
But what you don’t get is that it’s not just the surface of your skin.
But what you don’t get is that you’re cutting me from deep within.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just cutting away at my heart.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just making me fall apart.
If pandemonium and commotion is what you crave,
Then you are blood-thirstier than any knave.
(c) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cutting Away At My Heart by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Blue Booby, James Tate
- Shroud of the Gnome, James Tate
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate