Cutting Away At My Heart
This is your way of dealing with the world.
This is your way of getting heard.
This is your way of finding relief from emotional pain.
This is your way of stopping yourself from going insane.
But what you don’t get is that you’re not alone,
But what you don’t get is that you make others atone.
But what you don’t get is that it’s not just the surface of your skin.
But what you don’t get is that you’re cutting me from deep within.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just cutting away at my heart.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just making me fall apart.
If pandemonium and commotion is what you crave,
Then you are blood-thirstier than any knave.
(c) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cutting Away At My Heart by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- Allegory 1, Tori Bachue
- An Interesting Breed They Are, Monk E. Biz
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser