Cutting Away At My Heart
This is your way of dealing with the world.
This is your way of getting heard.
This is your way of finding relief from emotional pain.
This is your way of stopping yourself from going insane.
But what you don’t get is that you’re not alone,
But what you don’t get is that you make others atone.
But what you don’t get is that it’s not just the surface of your skin.
But what you don’t get is that you’re cutting me from deep within.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just cutting away at my heart.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just making me fall apart.
If pandemonium and commotion is what you crave,
Then you are blood-thirstier than any knave.
(c) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cutting Away At My Heart by Elena Plotkin )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra
- Beatific, Naveed Khalid
- Bed of lust, Gerald Obinna
- The Traveling Onion, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Stuff I Love, Emily Liang
- My Barber, Ima Ryma