Cutting Away At My Heart
This is your way of dealing with the world.
This is your way of getting heard.
This is your way of finding relief from emotional pain.
This is your way of stopping yourself from going insane.
But what you don’t get is that you’re not alone,
But what you don’t get is that you make others atone.
But what you don’t get is that it’s not just the surface of your skin.
But what you don’t get is that you’re cutting me from deep within.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just cutting away at my heart.
But what you don’t get is that you’re just making me fall apart.
If pandemonium and commotion is what you crave,
Then you are blood-thirstier than any knave.
(c) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cutting Away At My Heart by Elena Plotkin )
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander