If you are weary-
If you are weak-
Sleep, sleep, sleep, my darling child, sleep.
If you are lonesome-
If you are sad-
Dream, dream, dream, my darling child, dream.
Dream of waters, unending like a mother's love.
Dream of a sky, colored like a painter's canvas.
Dream of green grass, reaching up to touch you.
Dream of a great oak, standing tall above you.
Dream of a waterfall, its call echoing all around.
Dream of a breeze, whispering in your ear.
Dream of a star, shining brighter than any other.
Dream of a friend, sticking closer than any brother.
Dream of a love, burning brighter than a sun.
Dream of a trust, holding harder than a rock.
Dream a dancing dream, a dancing dream, a dancing dream.
Dream a dancing dream, my darling child.
Sleep and dream.
A dancing dream.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancing Dream by Stephen Carey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura