Sometimes I will hear myself say,
'I'm too smiley for my own good.'
I am so brokenhearted,
And I will hide in myself.
But it is not hard to coax a
Smile or a laugh out of my shell
And there's something else within me
That wants to kill that part of me.
A smile will shake away most concerned,
And it wants my pain realized.
That little piece of me is precious, though,
And I want rid of what threatens it.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Conflicting Innards by Stephen Carey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...
- coasting on lucid language, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबोनि देँखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- grenadier guards, lee fones