In the darkest hour,
Of the darkest time,
Of our darkest year,
We see the darkest of truths.
Love is both pain and pleasure,
If we have it as pain,
Pleasure is gone,
If we have it as pleasure,
Pain is gone.
Love is eternal,
Pain is ever lasting,
Pleasure comes and goes,
But the loss of love can drive you crazy
In my life I’ve known love as both,
Sometimes the pain has helped,
However form the 18th onwards,
All I’ve known is love.
In its pleasure form,
Making me happy,
My darkest times are gone.
Andrew Hackett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkest by Andrew Hackett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Thatch and Kilimanjaro, lee fones
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S انتصار غزة .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How, George Egba
- I Called Out To Love, Lora Colon
- Pages Of Unlimited Potential, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Woman, callum marvin
- Interior Light Shining, RoseAnn V. Shawiak