Darkness to be made light!
Without darkness where would the light be?
Without hell there's no heaven!
Yes, there is a darkness to be made light again
Anyone who has not suffered with low self-esteem
or depression all know it's an endless fight back
to good health; black clouds flock like vultures
for the bread of our souls
and the flesh of our hearts
to peck out the seed of our visionary eyes.
But we wheeled an axe of our own reasoning
an axe of our own fortitude
it's our own minds insight that threads the pieces
back together like a steel cable car bridge
reaching across the dark expanse of despair
this is when we begin to know ourselves again
our hopes fulfillment, and who we really are!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness to be made light! by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman