Dear lord, I know I'm nothing more
than a simple teacher at this school.
You see it's the last day of term
and I need a little help
to get through
the rest of the day.
It's not that I don't like the kids in my year 10
but they already glued my coffee cup
to the desk and hid the marker.
I'm not being funny
but I really need that marker
and somehow, I don't know how,
the classroom pet rat is gone
and its only half past eleven.
Dear Lord, help me please
my year 10 make the devil look like fun.
I'm hiding in the supply cupboard
they can't get me in here
but Oh know they are making Paul eat the blue paint
and Mary is hanging
from the top of the whiteboard,
says she will not come down
untill Simon stops cutting her hair.
Now don't get me wrong lord i love the kids that's
why i teach but i would rather have on this day, year
8 or 9 even Mrs coal's class they look like zombie
which is absurd.
Dear lord if you would see fit in letting a few just dispar
like the one that supper glue my register book to the wall
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Lord by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Irrevocable Friend, nikka mee farillon
- Silent Awakening, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Still Read..... For Sandra Feldman, Michael McParland
- The Great Waters, Victor Cruickshank
- Continually Entering The Present, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- তুমি থাকলে পাশে, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The AP exams, Victor Cruickshank
- Travel light, Vinaya Joseph
- Life in this world, Victor Cruickshank
- The Jewl I need, Victor Cruickshank