Who said this would be easy?
As I follow this thing called life,
Around each bend, more and more pain.
The storm never ends.
Where are the rainbows?
You promised you would never give more than I could handle?
When did I grow this strong?
Oh how I long for the carefree summer days when the soft wind blew through my hair and love was new.
You spoiled me then.
Days when all I had to do was lay in your arms and feel the love.
Are you testing my character?
It is December.
Awaiting Spring to bud and begin anew.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (December by Vonda Overlie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She needs you to buy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Thinking the four as young, known and ac.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love Is What You Need, B.. Alexander
- Come on, friends, gajanan mishra
- The Song Of The Open Door, Bulat Okudzhava
- Doctor Solar and the Solar Panel Gang, Charles Hice
- Wet touch, binod bastola
- Cutting Tea In Rainy Stall Of Lonavala!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Report Again, Margaret Alice Second
- ...as mine, Marites C. Cayetano