Shivering coolness all around
My village, my native land
Under the December; whisper's sound
Of the humankind, attended in band
By the side of flaming fire;
As snow-fall so dire.
Cries among them a wild owl
A mysterious beautiful tune
And 'mid the night, foul-
A peep through snow-flake, of the Moon.
With run-out and exhausted heart
Standing I was alone by her hut.
Leaning against a wooden gate
Stood I lone to keep my plight;
But no traces of my mate!
As if, I was lost my right
By the benumbing winter season-
Except it, behind no reason.
Of two and half hours
At least one meaningfully passed by,
To see the beauty and powers
Of the downing flake; asking no Why
Someone nearby or far away,
Choose I my choice, my way.
My horse, bound with a stake-
Gives his harness bell a shake
To mark, if there is some mistake
Seeing intense snow-fall or snow-flake.
Though everything premeditated,
I shake his bridle decorated.
Now, it was the time to go home
A mile yet to cross; but the way-
Covered with white veil and dome
In the December, not the May.
Still, I will come back again-
To cross far far way!
Pijush Biswas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (December's Coolness by Pijush Biswas )
- Venetian Candy, John Updike
- Sylvander to Clarinda, Robert Burns
- The Lady, PAUL COLVIN
- From ' The Holy Roode', Sir John Davies
- Tao in the Yankee Stadium Bleachers, John Updike
- Epigram on Dr. Babington's looks, Robert Burns
- Lament for James, Earl of Glencairn, Robert Burns
- From 'The Triumph of Death', Sir John Davies
- Returning Native, John Updike
- A man is in need of, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)