Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
HE's blanked my Mind yet again,
Why cannot I find the words?
Has Depression taken hold once more,
With no Willpower to knock it to the floor?
I am depressed, I admit it now,
Writing poetry usually lifts my spirits,
But problems imminent there are,
And without answers my heart aint in it.
Will I be made homeless within days?
Or will it take weeks, or when? I say,
My future's in another's hands,
Should I cry, or should I pray?
My cable-tow is running out,
The noose slips around my neck,
For dismal lies the days ahead,
Is it safe to get out of bed?
This poem is difficult to write,
The gloom cloud hangs above,
If I could only find the strength,
To give my depression a great big shove.
Copyright (c) Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 2 January 2006
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depression by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan