Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
HE's blanked my Mind yet again,
Why cannot I find the words?
Has Depression taken hold once more,
With no Willpower to knock it to the floor?
I am depressed, I admit it now,
Writing poetry usually lifts my spirits,
But problems imminent there are,
And without answers my heart aint in it.
Will I be made homeless within days?
Or will it take weeks, or when? I say,
My future's in another's hands,
Should I cry, or should I pray?
My cable-tow is running out,
The noose slips around my neck,
For dismal lies the days ahead,
Is it safe to get out of bed?
This poem is difficult to write,
The gloom cloud hangs above,
If I could only find the strength,
To give my depression a great big shove.
Copyright (c) Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 2 January 2006
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depression by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
- On Elphinstone's Translation of Martial'.., Robert Burns
- Indigenous architecture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jos Master, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Open the door to me, oh, Robert Burns
- Ballad on Mr. Heron's Election—No. 4, Robert Burns
- Poem on Sensibility, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The True Loyal Natives, Robert Burns
- Epitaph on John Dove, Innkeeper, Robert Burns
- The Nameless Mood of a Home-Maker, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)