'Depression Kinda Day'
Here comes another depression kinda day
caused by all this rain and the wind we're having
with no sun and all this grey!
I can't go out, don't want to stay in
all I seem to be doing is cleaning, cooking and binge!
My hairs a frizzy mess, my butts looking fatter too!
I'm going to grab a bar of soap
and stand on my back porch and scrub
that's just what I'm gonna do!
This weather isn't going to get me down
I'll show it a thing or two!
After I'm done with my back porch scrub
I'll be rid of my depression Kinda day blues!
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Depression Kinda Day' by Linda Winchell )
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns