Why did Mozart not complete
his Requiem, left like a wraith?
Could it be that he got cold feet,
and gave up when he lost his faith?
Before the day that lachrymose
removed him from the world of mortals
he interrupted his morose
appeasement of the heaven’s portals,
because he feared no more the killer
that like an angel comes to end us;
the dies irae, dies illa
no more to Mozart felt tremendous.
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (dies irae by gershon hepner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz