Juxtaposition of some strangers bent
At table, stretched across lit midnight hour.
Crass surface chit-chat. Artificial flower.
Kaleidoscope social experiment.
Spiralling smoke-ring roundels’ stuffy scent,
Airing ephemera, in-greed-[s]ense sour.
No potent notions could this potion power
Draw deep from urban[e] melting-pot which lent
Just stale approximations to present
Inept platitudes, de[s]sert tale dour.
Lies left each locked behind moat, drawbridge tower.
Little attempt at outreach argument.
Some spite, some superficial chatter which
Together scarce deserved this sonnet’s stitch.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dining Out by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 6, john chizoba vincent
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 5, john chizoba vincent
- Let me ask you, Sagarika Julka
- Sunset Point, Neela Nath
- Time To Rise, Maverick Jones
- Where to?, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Batasia Loop, Neela Nath