The love we shared we killed in haste.
The time we spent we see as waste.
The son I raised is now not mine.
The life we lived has spilt like wine.
The trust we built is now but lost.
The warmth we felt is now but frost.
The truths we knew have spoiled to lies.
The thoughts of then now turn to sighs.
The secrets sworn are now betrayed.
The other's shame we now parade.
The home we made has now been sold.
The memories there hang like mould.
The dreams we spun we left forlorn.
The plans we drew are now all torn.
The pictures taken have been ripped.
Of gifts exchanged we have been stripped.
Those speak for us, who could care less.
Only strangers hear us confess.
Time, money now spent to avenge.
The only goal is sweet revenge.
Paid lawyers know what is now best.
Staid judges say when we will rest.
Once, dear, friends are now witnesses.
Once, days of life, are now Xeroxes.
We will end up where we started.
Neither gaining since we parted.
Years of conflict will be a waste.
We will mourn what we killed in haste.
Mike Acker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Divorce by Mike Acker )
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
- Departures, Donal Mahoney
- Follow not, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)