The music in myself had died.
The poems within me had faded.
The art in my vision had been rubbed.
Only blackness remained!
I was among others and not anywhere.
The movement of dance not stirred.
A halo remained where once was full.
An emptiness that went on forever!
A stranger on a mission.
You came into my life,
Only by chance of nature.
Our paths collided!
Our views totally different!
Our aims nearly the same!
As our lives intertwined!
And moved like flirting dancers!
The movement so organised!
The movement so controlled!
Not that the dancers cannot move!
But the dancers are moving at the edges!
Move closer to me!
So you can hear the music I create!
So I can hear your music too!
Yet you are so faraway but close!
You have tuned the music within myself!
The poems within me are formed!
The art in me is taking form!
Hope and fear of rejection replace blankness!
Flencirose Basera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dodgey Dancer! by Flencirose Basera )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam