Don't look at me like that
Your eyes are full of disappointment,
staring me down.
I am sorry but i failed again.
You don't understand how difficult it is.
Don't smile at me and tell me it's simple.
Life is hard and complicated...
You speak like you know what to do.
Yet you are only seven.
You haven't lived through what i have.
There is no room for your innocence in this world
Still smiling he walks up to me.
Puts his arms around me.
He tells me this
I'm not mad that you failed.,
but don't give up your on the right track.
Your eyes are finally the same as mine again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't look at me like that by Joshua Wyatt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom
- Ne zemer te netevee te tua, skender iljaz braka
- EYES ARE FOR LOOK, maqsood hasni
- READ FROM EYES, maqsood hasni