Nightmares never scare me,
they don't last long enough to that.
My dreams are the ones that scare.
They are the things i desire but will never have.
I wake form them, screaming inside.
I am screaming because I want to go back.
I want to relive a moment that never happened.
So i lay in bed thinking.
I think about dreams that I've had.
It makes my body feel weak
So I roll on to my side in grief on my face.
Short, sweet and only once
That is how my dreams happen.
And that's what scares me the most.
My dreams never happen twice,
even in my real life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Joshua Wyatt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland