Don’t say humanity lost glory and dignity!
Perhaps thought is on the lap of infirmity.
Caste, creed and religion, the guard we keep,
Our bleeding wound, dear brother, so deep.
Pretty good, I desire for golden sun rise,
Lay on thorn but dreams for flower wise.
Wrapped with foolishness, we blinded bleed,
Innocent are killed or strangled indeed.
Till we keep mouth closed and eyes laden with tear,
Days are not far, all will be robbed, is it clear?
O wingless desire, where shalt thou brew?
Here, I am in search of peace, where ye flew?
Take me; please take me from darkness to light,
Show me; show me the straight path, here I fight.
Peace and peace and peace, Lord’I recite,
Eyes are closed, my lips are so tight
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Don't Say by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones
- In a time without time!, Adriana Istrefi
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Five), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Four), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu