Petals of Peace
What life! For me it’s a magical bag
I can see uneyed, the bag with its tag
Always empty, it has a gigantic desire
What a folly with us? Bathed in pyre!
Unto a saint once I went and asked
Near a pond amid a wood we basked
“Containment of greed ‘the Epidemic’
Sealed within, with the petal of peace
Lo! My bag is full with fragrance”
Where is your bag holy man?
Questioned to him and waited a while
‘Peace is nowhere else if you are in search
Peace resides within you, with a merry perch
But the greed that breed profound desire
Creates ire, then fire and then pushes into mire ‘
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Petals of Peace by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL