‘O' My Almighty
Is it tears of the night?
Or pearls of the day!
Is it woes of stars?
Or dancing feathers gay!
Is it Lord's holy earth?
Or Devils dropping bay!
Is it freedom palsied gift?
Or trapping rosaries say!
I am puzzled with thy puzzle,
Gone mad with the 'dying day',
Either snatch out my freedom:
Or make me a slave to pay.
'I prithee; ‘O' My Almighty
Listen carefully what I say..
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘O' My Almighty by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI