‘O' My Almighty
Is it tears of the night?
Or pearls of the day!
Is it woes of stars?
Or dancing feathers gay!
Is it Lord's holy earth?
Or Devils dropping bay!
Is it freedom palsied gift?
Or trapping rosaries say!
I am puzzled with thy puzzles,
Gone mad with the 'dyeing day',
Either snatch out my freedom:
Or make me a slave to pay.
'I prithee; ‘O' My Almighty
Listen carefully -what I say..
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘O' My Almighty by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid